Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A fresh start

Okay, now is a good time to post a little bit.
As it turns out, Auður was right about the evolutionary analysis project; it's nopt the bad once you start getting a feel for it. I'm almost done.
Today the weather is beautiful. Sure, it's a bit windy, but the air is warm and the sun is shining and all that. Guðjón and I took the very long way home today. We walked along the beach almost all the way to the harbor then around the little pond and home. Well, actually Guðjón met his little buddy Almar and went home with him. On our walk I was trying to teach him the names of some of the shore birds we saw. He got tripped up on 'black back gull' and kept saying 'black black gull'. Then I taught him "She sells sea shells by the sea shore". He got that one okay, but just laughed at me when I said "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers" and "How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck would?" He'll get them some day. One of the fun things with kids is teaching them something and watching them try it on their own. I like the fact tht Guðjón has learned so many songs at school because now when he's playing by himself he sometimes starts singing. Of course, he's a little boy and he changes the songs to make them a little more naughty or sings them in funny voices ofr something. Having kids is sometimes a whole lot of fun!
Now classes are over (at least I'm not going to attend any more) and it's time to really nail myself down to a chair and study hard. I'm doing better this semester than I did last semester and my grades should reflect that. It feels good to not feel so lost as I did the first year. I'll tell you, as an old man returning to school after 10 years, it's pretty tough to get used to studying again.

That's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home