Friday, September 02, 2005


Okay, I don't understand what the Hell is going on in the South right now. Why is it that a disaster happened and so many people thought, "I'd best get out there and do my part in the looting, raping and destruction!" Okay, to be fair, I understand why the looting is going on and truth be told, in the same shoes, I would make sure that my family was not starving and dying of exposure. But I can't honestly say that I would be featured in this video clip . One reason is that I have some moral values. The other reason is that they are in Walmart! If you're going to steal something, go to a Mercedes dealership or something! They're only saving a few bucks by stealing this stuff.

But my real beef today is with the US governement. Why are they not helping more? Oh, actually, I know the answer to that question: the color of the skin and size of the wallets in he neighborhoods in question. How much do you want to bet that after the dust settles and hundreds of people are buried, land is going to be bought up in the worst hit areas where everything is flattened and rich people are going to move in to rebuild while the people who used to live there have to move elsewhere because they lost everything. Part of this area was a major gambling hub with lots of lights, you know, entertainment for the wealthy. The storm came through and washed everything away (sort of like a re-enactment of a certain song by the band Tool) and now it all has to be rebuilt. I really don't think that this place is going to be rebuilt with the type of cheap run-down homes it had before last weekend. It's going to change and humanity is going to be forgotten.
And what is Bush going to do?! People over here in Iceland are wondering why he's not being more vocal and helpful. I can tell them in one sentence: This problem can't be solved by sending young American boys to die trying to kill brown people. That's what Bush can do. that's his only answer to any problem. "What? The nation is sad because of the deaths of thousands of our citizens? let's go kill some brown people!" "I'm down in the polls?! Saddam is the enemy! let's go kill brown people and force the ones who are left to elect our money-hungry puppets."

So far, most of America has bought his line of crapola. But he's now teetering on the brink of the abyss. I think he's going to fall. I still have faith that there is a large population of moral-thinking decent people ready to vote in my home country. What's going on in the south seems to be just the worst side of a depressed group of the populous acting out against their abandoners. I think they will settle down eventually. But not matter what happens, I think that people elsewhere in the country must see Bush for the loser that he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home