Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Google

I'm becoming more fond of Google, as my friend Randolph is. I must say that once one figures out how to use their programs and services efficiently, one finds that they have a lot ot offer. I now use Gmail much more. This is an on-line email service that will store up to 2 gigabytes of messages. The message writing interface is very similar to Yahoo's e-mail and, I imagine, Outlook Express. I haven't used much else than on-line e-mail servers since I started using e-mail, though and maybe the at home programs are better. Anyway, the Gmail thing works well. I like the way it archives stuff and that I have a search function that allows me to quickly find any e-mail I need quickly. I like the easy links to Google's help forums where you can find people asking questions and getting answers about ANYTHING. I like the email addresses are automatically stored in the contacts folder so I don't have to remember to add them or surf to a different page to do so.
I've just started using another Google program. It's called Picasa. It's a photo organizing/editing/sharing/sending software that you can download from picasa. It took me a coupld of hours to figure out how it works really, but now I'm starting to like it more and more. The first time you open it, it searches your computer for photo files and displays them all as thumbnails in an easy-to-use interface.
Anyway, I'm not a salseman or anything. Just passing on my opnion because this is a web site for my opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home