Thursday, May 24, 2007

News

Nothing much to report recently...well except for a great visit to Prague where I met a whole bunch of great people and had a new potato soup - well, new to me, anyway! As I had heard, Prague is a great city for photography. I kept almost 500 of the photos that I shot - deleting the rest was not too difficult with so many to choose from! The architecture is wonderfully rich and fascinating - although coming from a country where the word decoration is not used in architectural design meetings maybe it was inevitable to be blown away by the variety and richness of the decorative motifs on the buildings everywhere. I get the feling that we were really downtown in Prague and I though I would have liked to get out of the touristy part of the city and see more of the countryside as well, there just wasn't time. The positive side of that is that I have reason to go back to the Czech Republic. Of all the places I've been, Prague is the first city I feel like I want to go back to right away.
The Comenius Project that was the reason for our trip to Prague will require Inga to go to Belgium in November. I really hope that I can save enough for me to accompany her then, too.

Now, I've spent the last week laying down new flooring in the Dear Girl's room. I think it looks pretty good. I'm not much of a parket-layer, but I can do okay when I put my mind to it (and when the Dear Wife gives me a kick in the ass to get me started!)

All of a sudden I just don't feel like writing anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home