Friday, May 13, 2005

The Day before

Well, tomorrow is my last final. It will be 6 essays from 959 pages of material. Oh no! But I have some of the stuff down pretty well and I think I'll do okay. After 12:00 tomorrow, I'll be free again.
Speaking of freedom, where did the freedom that I always enjoyed as an American go? I'm not going to go into it here, but everytime I turn around, I run my face into a new Bush policy that makes my traveling to the US harder for me and my family. I decided to post this here because I know that Paul reads this site everyday. Paul, check to make sure that your wife and kid have a bar code in their passports. Without a bar code, non-citizens need to have a visa to travel to the US even if it's only for a weekend, even if they are traveling with their American spouse/father. We just found this out yesterday because it never occurred to me that things had gotten so bad that there is a threat of terrorists coming from Iceland to sneak into the US.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE vote this type of paranoid militaristic government out next time! At least Bush can't get in again. That evil little Texan has done quite a good job of ruining many of the things I used to love about America and I, for one, will be glad on the day that he leaves office. The next ruling government can't be any worse, from my point of view. Of course, Bush and the Fourth Reich have stirred up a shitstorm that won't settle until I'm old and grey (if ever) so the next president, no matter who it is, what he believes in or what he tries to do will have a monumentous job of cleaning up before him. I feel bad for that old white guy...and I say guy because I find it unlikely that the powers that be will allow a woman to be president (even if she were voted in legally) unless she is a war mongering Bush clone like Rice, and let's face it, a brown person has no chance either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the warning but I really don't have to worry about whether or not my wife and daughter have bar codes on their passports. Yuri is a US citizen with a US passport. If your son isn't you need to get him to the US embassy in Iceland. Because you are a US citizen he is automatically eligible for citizenship. As for my wife Koreans have always needed to get visas to travel to the states. This has been the case since long before Curious George became president so as much as I would like to, I can't blame him. Personally I blame "The Fungus".

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home