Saturday, August 06, 2005

Family Day

Today is Fjölskydudagur here in lovely Vogar Iceland. (That's Family Day, in case an english speaker accidentally surfed over to the site) That means one thing to my dear wife. It means she has to compete with members of her team against teams from businesses and organizations around the town for some tiny prize or something. Last year she was with the school as usual. But this year, she was on the town employees team. They decided to stop after the first event. I can't blame them. First, they were supposed to hop into this:
That's right, a fish crate full of sea water, ice cubes, milk, eggs...and who knows what else. Once in there, they had to find a spoon at the bottm, then hop out and run through some tires to the next one. When there had found three spoons they had to guzzle a pint of fat free yogurt drink and then run back to the start to tage the next person on the relay team. Gross. But it was also really windy today and cold. Inga survived the first round.



But the next round dulled her spirit of competition. In this round arfter doing the same thing, they had to crawl under a net with fish carcasses hanging in it on a mat of plastic coated with eggs and who knows what before tagging the next person.
It seems to me like new ideas are needed for this competition!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven’t posted anything for a while but, I was rather busy in the States. Also, when I got back I was very tired. The plane trip, including stopovers in Texas and Tokyo, took about 20 hours. To make things worse, the time difference between my Plymouth and Korea is 14 hours. As a result it took me about five days to get over my jet-lag. Anyway, we had a great trip and I hope you did too. I still can’t believe we missed each other by a few hours. By the way, the family day “events” in Iceland are a lot like the things Japanese do to win crappy little prizes on TV.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hæ Eric, flott bloggsíða.
Það er greinilega stuð í Vogunum á sumrin :)Hafðu það gott.
Kveðja Erna Karen

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heill og sæll Eric. Ég varð þeirrar gæfu aðnjótandi að vinna með þér hjá klikkhausnum Rúnari Daðasyni, fyrir nokkrum árum. Gaman að rekast inn á síðuna þína og hin fínasta lesning.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home