Thursday, November 24, 2005

Real Dissapointment

For the second time in my life I know real disappointment. Yesterday Inga went to the doctor and was told that the fetus has no heartbeat. Yup, my baby's dead. I figure that since it was only about 2 months along, it probably looked pretty much like a little fish or a tadpole. I hadn't thought of a good name yet. I hadn't held it in my arms or looked into its non-focusing eyes. I hadn't heard it cry or listened to its breathing while it slept. Things could have been worse. As I was trudging to the bus station to go home yesterday after hearing the news I suddenly realized that today would be Thanksgiving. So I gave thanks. I've got a great wife and two wonderful kids. I didn't lose a baby that I had grown terribly attached to. I still have the option of trying again. Nothing else in my life is going wrong. So, I figure that today I can say that I am thankful. I've got friends and family and I'll just think of them today.

So, I guess, happy Thanksgiving to all of my readers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hug!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Artful Badger said...

Anything I say would sound silly. It must be a tough time for you.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my thoughts are with you.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home