Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Jump

Have you ever jumped so high that in order to come down safely you had to open a parachute? These French guys are crazy! I'm not one for risking my own life, but it sure is fun to watch someone else risk theirs.

For the second time in 6 years, I saw lightning in Iceland yesterday. This was just over my town somewhere a little bit south of my house. The thunder clap was also really loud. It happened during a hail storm yesterday. Fun, fun.

Oh, yeah, big news...I'm going to be a grandfather! Well, technically, that's not entirely true. One of my crayfish has eggs under her abdomen. This marks the first time a pet of mine has borne young.

Does anyone know how to make meatballs? I can't get them to stay whole. They always fall apart during or just after frying them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I don’t have a recipe for meatballs on the top of my head it sounds like you forgot to add raw egg. That makes it stick together. However, you really should do an internet search using the two words recipe and meatballs.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Our Hero, said...

I have a couple of recipies. I use raw egg everytime. I've tried adding bread crumbs to make them drier. I've tried adding strained tomatoes to make them wetter.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you (or is your butcher) using extra lean meat to make the hamburger. American hamburger has a lot of fat in it which makes it sticky (and yummy). I have trouble getting Korea ground beef to stay together in a patty because it is too lean.

If that’s not it, I’m out of suggestions.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Our Hero, said...

Thanks anyway. I've tried this with ground pork and beef and a mixture of he two. I doubt that it's the fat content, but it could be, what do I know about ground meat?!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home