Monday, May 02, 2005

Exam Time

So, I've been sitting here all day long studying for developmental biology. I have to say that the book we have to suffer through is not my favorite. But today, partially thanks to Tinna, Auður, and Guðrún, I've learned quite a bit. I almost feel ready for this exam tomorrow.

This weekend was spent studying, walking on the beach, and cooking. We had some wonderful garlic and lemon chicken on Friday night and then a real omlette yesterday afternoon. You know, one of those omlettes that is so full of vegetables that you can hardly fold it over. Mmm mmm, I know I'm supposed to be eating healthier food, but I couldn't resist upon seeing all the stuff Inga bought on Friday.

I was supposed to have a meeting tonight to discuss details of getting a visa for my passport and other things about the Thailand trip. BUT, the meeting was cancelled, unbeknownst to me, and I took the bus all the way here for nothing. I suppose that since coming here meant that I got to study all day long and go to the post office this wasn't a waste of anything more than the 1360 krónur that it takes to ride the bus here and back home again.

Yup, the Thailand trip is sneaking up on us. It's very exciting. I'm going to Asia again. It was gerat the first time and this time promises to be even better as I'm going to study biology instead of working in a city. I mean, it was a lot of fun to be in Yokohama and all that, and organ building was fun. But my heart really lies outside, not in a building somewhere. This time Iget to climb mountains (although Fuji was quite an experience in Japan), and wade through knee deep mud in a mangrove swamp where there is a slim chance we'll see crocodiles. We also get to snorkel of the coast of one of the islands in the Gulf of Thailand. There is an elephant safari on the itinerary and a trip to the royal family's botanical garden. This is going to be great.
Is anyone getting tired of hearing about this trip yet? I don't care because it's really exciting and this is MY corner of the net in which I can write about anything that pops into my head.

Strangely, I'm looking forward to my trip to the States even more. I can't wait to be there during the summer with the kids. They are going to have such a good time that it won't be possible for me not to enjoy myself fully.

I have to get back to studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home