Saturday, January 14, 2006

Expressions

I was just thinking that I’ve heard some really great sayings or expressions.  When I was in Texas for six months, I heard more than I had bfore or since.  But I’ve forgotten most of them.  I was thinking that it might be fun to get my readers to chime in with their favorites.  You don’t have to translate them if you only know them in a foreign language-I’ll forgive you.  

My favorites are:

1. In two shakes of a lamb’s tail.  This one makes more sense after youahve seen a lamb shake its tail.  You have to have good eye to catch that.

2. More nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.  This is one of those I got from the great state of Texas.

3. Hornier than a ten-peckered rabbit.  I take pride in having come up with this one all on my own.  I guess it says a little bit about my own personal state of mind, though you may not like to know that.

So, what expressions do you like to hear?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An all time favorite of mine is:

He’s/She’s busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest.

I believe it also comes from the south.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Our Hero, said...

For anyone who's never travelled to the southern states in America, an entire world of creative English is missed.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweatin like a whore in church.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home