Monday, December 11, 2006

Excitement in the next room

Right now, as I type, my advisor is sitting in the next room with one of the organizing researchers of a Norwegian deep sea biology cruise next summer. When my advsor stepped out to get something he needed, I took the opportunity to pop my head in and show interest in the project. I was given a full run-dwon of what they're planning and what thye found last year. There are, just north of Iceland, the only known shallow-water geothermal undersea vents in the world. They are going to be continuing their research on the known ones and looking for new ones in deeper water. I talked to him for a little while and then he said that there is definitely space for me on the boat and tht I should just give him my e-mail address so he can start keeping me up to date. he said that he already had my address somewhere (my advisor is always trying to mix me into his projects as well-as a good advisor should) but that he wanted to be sure to have it. Unfortunately, this voyage would mean that I would HAVE to fly to Norway to get aboard...tough life!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ólafía said...

very cool indeed...

3:41 PM  
Blogger Hrönn said...

Goood. Eric ég væri til í að gefa putta fyrir að fara í svona rannsóknarleiðangur. Öfund í loftinu en um leið samgleðst ég þér. Þú átt þetta nú skilið eftir allar hrakfarirnar.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,

Merry Christmas! I'm not at home, so I don't have your email addy. So I hope you don't mind me writing to you here. I hope that you, Inga and the kids are having fun up north.

love,
mel

12:15 AM  
Blogger sindri said...

Þetta er snilld ... til lukku með þetta

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home