Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Primavera!

I just took my favorite eight km walk; it takes exactly 2.5 hours.  I walked from here into Njarðvík to meet inga and our friend Sigga Ragga at Kaffitár (my favorite coffee bar).  On the way I saw a golden plover.  This is the second one I’ve seen this year, but the first was flying full speed away from me, so although  I’m pretty sure of what it was, I didn’t get a really clear view of it to be scientifically accurate.  However, the one I saw today was only about 20 meters away and I checked it out with my binoculars.  So, no disputing that one.  Spring has sprung.  This bird’s arrival in Iceland is the traditional sign that Spring is here.  Also today I saw a lot of snipe starting their mating displays and calling from among last year’s lupine stems.

1 Comments:

Blogger Halla said...

Lóan er komin að kveða burt snjóinn.... mmm hið ljúfa sumar á næsta leyti, how sweet is that!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home